Vanessa - Everson, Washington

I believe in heroes.

I used to think that heroes were just a made up phony, to make people believe and look up to them. I always thought the idea of having a hero in my life was stupid. But I never realized how important it is to have a hero in your life.

There’s always a person either close to you or someone you’re not even related to who you look up to. Whether it’s your older sister/brother or your favorite celebrity. Whether they are good influence or a bad influence on you, they are still a hero in some way through your eyes no matter how you choose to look at them.

A hero in your own eyes may be brave, strong, kind, courageous, outgoing, funny, or maybe even cute.

A hero is someone you can look up too when you’re sad or when you’re happy about something, they are always there to share the exciting news with. A hero can protect you from the invisible.

A hero has the effect of what kind of person we become later in life.

Without a hero, how else would we be the kind of person we are today?

With the growth of my life, becoming stronger every brief moment, the struggles of my past have become the unknown. All because of the hero in my life. My mom.

She’s there through the tough spots in my life and she’s always there when I need someone to share a happy moment with. She’s the person I look up to in my life and she is a once in a lifetime inspiration who inspires my life, like a beautiful hero would.

Her name is Renee and she is my hero. What’s your hero’s name?