Erick - heber city, Utah

Erick A

I believe imagination is more important than knowledge

I believe that imagination is more important than knowledge. I believe that imagination than knowledge because it took imagination to learn the knowledge that we know. For example, Albert Einstein is a good example, everyone thought of him as being dumb just because he didn’t do that well at school, but when he grew up he used his imagination and invented the formula E=mc squared, a whole new way of math, and he also invented the famous nuclear bomb and it that changed everything. Now that guy was a true genius and all it took him was a little of imagination.

I was in my science class when I saw the quote “imagination is more important than knowledge” as soon as read it, something in my mind said that quote was as real as any other quotes I have heard or read. In the bottom of the quote was a picture of Albert Einstein , then I started to remember of famous scientist that had become famous by thinking different than other scientist or people, and who used their imagination to come up or invented whatever that they invented or to do what they did.

I have come to a conclusion that using your knowledge is helpful, but using your imagination is even more important, an example would be when I was in art class; I had to use a lot of my imagination to come up with whatever it was that I was going to draw for a big poster. Then I figured out that everything that has been invented had to be drawn first or modeled first, like a computer would be a good example, I’m sure they were deciding how the computer was going to look. If it wasn’t for imagination computers, cell phones, ipods, fiction books, fantasy movies, cars, ECT. I’ve come to figure that if I think really deep that maybe just maybe I could even invent something, but one thing for sure, you do have to at least have some knowledge to invent something or anything new.