Miguel - Kamas, Utah

Miguel R

I believe that everyone deserves a hug

or kiss for their birthday.

I believe that everyone deserves a hug or a kiss for their birthday because if you don’t get anything the person or you might feel sad because they didn’t get anything on their birthday. Some experiences I had was that on my 10th birthday that morning I woke up very excited and very energetic because it was birthday. I couldn’t smell any of my mom’s delicious food but one thing I could of smell was my small brother’s stinky diapers.

While I was walking to my parent’s room something caught my eye I could see that my parents were still in bed sleeping. I couldn’t believe that they forgot about my birthday. I started to cry, I couldn’t believe they forgot about the day I was born I touched the tears coming down my eyes. I started to taste my tears of sadness. The only sound I could hear was my dog barking. The barking of the dog woke up my parents. They saw my tears coming down my eyes.

They stood up and said, to me what’s wrong Miguel. I told them that I couldn’t believe that they forgot about my tenth birthday. They said, Miguel you’re not always going to get a birthday sometimes you are only going to get a hug or kiss from all your family. And that’s what happened my parents, sisters, and brother stood up and gave me a hug and a kiss I got really happy. That afternoon they took me to a buffet. Even though I didn’t get a party I enjoyed going to the buffet with my family, cousins, and even my friends. But I guess getting a hug and a kiss from everyone their was a big and special present for me. So that’s why I believe that everyone deserves a hug and a kiss for their birthday. Ain’t I right a hug and a kiss is better than not getting anything on your birthday.