Spencer - 84049, Utah
Themes: humanism

Spencer C

This I Believe Essay

December 14,2007

Different Languages

Hello. Konnichiwa. Hola. Hi hoa. Buon giorna. There are many different ways that people say “hello” in the United States. Here in the United States there are 311 different languages spoken. Many people believe that all the people who live in the United States must speak English. I believe that it should be the person’s choice on what language they speak. It is a great addition to the United States having all of these different languages spoken here. It gives the people a chance to keep something with them.

As a student in ninth grade, I chose to take Japanese as one of my classes. I have learned many different words and things about the Japanese culture in this class. One of the things I can say about my Japanese class is that it would be hard to come from a different place and know nothing of the place or language. And, trying to learn it makes it much harder for those people. Think to yourself for a minute, just think of what all of the different people moving into the United State have to go through.

As more people move into the United States, the more languages are brought in. With all of these different languages brought into the United States they bring along different cultural things with them. The United States takes many different types of cultural foods and put the American touch on it. Panda Express is a example of how the American people take a type of food and turn it into their own.

If the United States didn’t have all of these different languages and cultural brought into the United States it would be plain. There would not be someone speaking a different language to another person. Really think about this if the Germans didn’t come to the United States we would not have a Christmas Tree, because they brought that along with them.

If we didn’t have all of these different languages and custom in the United States we would not be in the place we are today. All of these different languages change the way we live our life. This I believe.