Zack - Midway, Utah
Themes: sports

THIS I BELIEVE

I believe that steroids should be banned from baseball because they can damage lots of parts in your body. They can damage everything you have worked for and the things you are working towards.

MLB commissioners get together and discuss the punishment for the player or players who have taken steroids. I believe that is a fair was to prepare punishments. A moment this happened is when Barry Bonds broke the record of 70 home runs in a season, he had 73.

He started out in the major leagues a scrawny little guy hitting around 10 home runs a year. He started out his career with the Pittsburgh Pirates. Then he was traded to the San Francisco Giants. That is when the steroid problems started. He started hitting more and more every year. One year it was 25, the next was 35, next was 45 then 50! This his home run total was increasing rapidly until he hit 73.

After that he had mad many court trials. He missed nearly a full year trying to get out of court. The reporters didn’t mind, they asked every question they could think of. Then finally, at the end of the season he was tested positive for steroids.

The next year he came back and only hit a little over 20 home runs. He said it was a great comeback year for him but, the steroid talks just kept on coming back at him. He has had many steroid tests since then, but, now its different, they all came back negative.

Every now and then they will talk about this on Sports Center and they will have an online poll about Barry Bonds and steroids. Usually they have a simple question like “Do you think Barry Bonds took steroids?” Most of America says yes he did.

I believe that he did because no human can get that big that fast. Also another reason is that he gets injured really easy. Steroids can take a toll on your body. He could have maybe rolled his ankle and all of the all of the tendons could have broke. Steroids do that to your body. That’s why I believe steroids should be banned from baseball, Forever.