Adree - wallsburg, Utah
Themes: carpe diem

Time

Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.

-Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Time goes by fast. You can never relive a minute of it. When a minute goes by you will never be able to relive that minute again. I believe that time is always going on and we have to decide how we are going to use that time. We can decide to spend that time having fun with family and friends, learning something new, participating in activities that we enjoy, and being involved. Or we can spend our time being angry at the world because we have to go to school for six hours a day, for nine months. Or we can look at going to school as an opportunity to learn all we can because we are going to need it when we are older we may need it in college, for a job or everyday life.

A quote by C.S. Lewis says, “The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.”

When I was 12 my parents decided that I was going to go to public school. I really didn’t want to go to public school. I had always been home schooled and I really liked it. I was worried because I wouldn’t know anyone. I tried to talk my parents into letting me stay home, but they said they thought going to public school would be a good experience for me. After talking to my parents, I decided even though I didn’t want to go to public school, I was going to make it a positive experience. Because of my decision before I even came to school the first day I had a great year. Even though I didn’t really want to be there I made the best of the situation. I believe that because I chose to make this experience a positive one I didn’t waste any of those minuets that I could never make up. I am glad that I decided to use those precious minutes to make new friends, learn new things and have fun!

Time is always moving forward no matter what we decide to do with that time. It is always moving. The most important thing we can do is to decide how are going to use that time. This I believe.