Cindy - Heber, Utah
Themes: carpe diem

Time is My Friend

Time is a wheel, spinning nonstop, always moving itself, around and around never stopping. Tick after tock, always in motion. “The thing that everyone has that is the same, is time,” said Ryan Holmes, a good friend of mine. I believe that we should treat time as our friend. Time treats us like a friend. Giving us twenty-four hours to spend each day. Each day must be spent wisely. Not only is each day a chance to live life better, but each hour, minute, and even second are even better chances. Don’t waste your time by being lazy or flipping through the channels on your TV. Do something that will be memorable or to make you happy for how you spent your time.

You know when you go on a family vacation and you are so excited because it is going to be a very long one, and then it goes by so fast that you can’t even remember what you did. I had an experience when my family and I were going to Disneyland. I was thinking that it would go by fast but unlike all of the other vacations I was going to let this vacation go slowly. I tried to spend my time so for each second I was doing something. It was a wonderful trip and I remember every part of it.

I have a quote that is in my bedroom that I see a lot. It says:

“This is the beginning of a new day. I have been given this day to use as I will. I can

waste it…or use it for good, but what I do today is important, because I am exchanging a day of my life for it! When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, and not loss; good and not evil; success, and not failure; in order that I shall not regret the price that I have paid for it. I will try for today, for you never fail until you stop trying.”

I definitely agree with that quote. Without days and time we wouldn’t be able to waste them or use them wisely.

I think we should use each second as if it were our last second on earth. Time is so precious. The purpose of our life is not just to live long, but to live well. Time is a gift that has been given to us. We should use it wisely and consider it a treasure. Treat time as your most prized treasure, as your friend. This I believe.