Andrew - Wilmington, Ohio

Over the years, life has taken me on a pretty enjoyable journey filled with wonderful experiences and some outstanding people. I have always had people close to me that I admired for various reasons, but now I am beginning to see the common characteristic in them all. From my high school theatre director, to a guy I play ultimate Frisbee with at home, to one of my friends in college, it seems that all these people enjoy life to the fullest. I believe that those who are fortunate enough to enjoy life to the fullest are living life the way it is meant to be lived.

I first met my high school theatre director when I was in elementary school. I still remember singing “Stop! In the Name of Love” with him every time we got to the stop page of the test he was administrating. My first year with him made such a lasting impression on me back in the fourth grade that I could not wait until I had him again in high school. When high school finally rolled around, he became a huge part of my life and still is to this day. In my senior year of high school, I finally realized what it is about him that makes him so incredible. I became extremely concerned for him when I heard that he experienced a heart attack and was going to undergo heart surgery. When I finally got to speak to him though, he was still the same old person. Even with his health being in great danger, he was still just enjoying every last moment of life that he could. Part of me is convinced that he made it through his heart problems simply because he would not let his physical heart stop him from enjoying life. The hilarious e-mails I receive from him to this day remind me that life is really meant to be an enjoyable process.

When I stop and think about the people I admire in life, I can clearly see how they all seem to enjoy life no matter what the circumstances. I believe that life really can be, and is meant to be, an enjoyable experience.