Taylor - Heber City, Utah
Themes: hope

Do you believe in miracles? I know that miracles do exist. They might not occur very often, but they are real. I know from my personal experiences that miracles do happen. I have a story that shows that miracles do happen. It was about 6 months ago. My brother and I went down to Pleasant Grove to see his girlfriend and her family. We were going to go eat dinner at her house. After dinner we went and watched a movie. After we watched the movie we went to their house and sat around in their living room and talked for a few hours. After this we decided that it was time for us to be on our way home. The drive went alright for a little while. I noticed that my brother was falling asleep so I had him pull off to the side of the road so that we could make it safely home. He listened and we had a good little nap. We slept for about 2 hours and when we woke up it was around 2:00 in the morning . My brother decided that he had enough rest to drive the rest of the way home. We were only about 15 minutes from our home. We were only driving for about 5 minutes when we came around a bend and saw about 5 head of elk in the middle of the road. We were in a little Nissan 280zx so there was no way that we could have hit them and lived. My brother did the smart thing by going off the side of the road. We went about 25 feet until we hit a large rock pile. That shot the car up into the air. We flew about 100 feet upside down in the air when we landed on the top of the car. We both checked to make sure that we were doing good considering the fact that we just rolled a car. We tried to open the doors of the car. They were damaged so bad that they wouldn’t open so we had to decide whether we were going to climb out of the window or try harder to open the doors. We decided to try and kick the doors open. The doors wouldn’t budge. We had to go with the last resort and climb out of the windows. When I tried to climb out of my window I found that it had been dented down to where it was almost sealed shut. I had to go through my brothers window and climb out of his window after him. We forgot the car was still running. I had to reach into the car and turn it off. Afterwards we tried to flip the car back to where is was right side up. We couldn’t get it to move. It must have been stuck in the ground. After trying this we called our house and had our mother come and pick us up. We were going to get the car in the morning and see what exactly was damaged when we rolled. The next morning we had our brother in law take his truck down with a trailer so that we could take the car home. When we got there we noticed that the car was totaled and that we were both lucky to be alive. The top of the car should have just smashed us. The only injuries that we came out with were a few scratches, some glass shards in our arms and legs, and a few bruises. We shouldn’t have lived but somehow we did. This is an example of how I believe that miracles do happen and hope to show this as well. This proves my belief statement to me.