kory - Farmington, Missouri
Themes: sports

Football is Therapy

I believe that football is a type of therapy. Most people have different beliefs about life and sports. Some people turn to video games or a book; I turn to football. People get stressed out in life and turn to a day at the spa or time to reflect. I take my stress out on the guy across from me on the field.

Football takes your mind off of life. It makes you not think about what goes on in life, you just think about killing the guy that is across from you with a different color jersey. The focus required to participate in sports at a high level forces one to forget everything else. You are truly “in the moment”. When you make the biggest hit on the field or the game winning touchdown it is the greatest feeling in the world. You get the biggest adrenaline rush ever, especially when the light are shining on Friday night and you have sweat running down your body and blood on your knuckles and jersey, you can list to the crowd cheering from the stands. When you hear helmets crashing and people screaming because you just hurt them or seeing them bend over because they are to tired to go on you realize that all of your hard work during the off season has finally paid off and all of your stress is gone. Football helps you become a better person in life because it requires disciplines you and teaches you responsibility and how to work hard for something that you want real bad. During football I keep my grades up and don’t get into any trouble. This way the coaches don’t get into trouble for playing me on Friday nights. My grades usually stay about a 3.7 but after football they drop down to a 2.5 and I start to get in to more trouble then what I should. Football is my cure of getting away for a couple of hours each day during practice or on the game field or even in the weight room when 30 kids show up to work out for the next season. You forget about all of your problems in life and just have fun. Football is my therapy or stress reliever in life.