richard - parkhills, Missouri

Lower Standards and Higher Numbers

Just about the entire time since I’ve been 16 I’ve had two old beat-up trucks and my dad has always just had one nice truck. Whenever I wanted to go out and four wheel my truck my dad would either have to sit at home or risk tearing up his only truck. When his truck did break he would have to jack my step mom’s car while his was in the shop. This never made her happy and highly inconvenienced me. I would just drive the other truck while I saved money fixing the broken truck on my own time.

This taught me that it is almost always better to have more of something that isn’t so great instead of having less nice things. This had helped me out many times other than with my trucks. A few deer seasons ago we had bought a lease up north. My dad and my uncles wanted to kill big bucks but I just wanted to kill stuff. My uncles and my dad let a lot of small bucks and big does pass by them with out ever shooting while I was shooting everything that was brown. I ended up killing three good sized does and my dad and my uncles didn’t kill anything.

When you have more of something that’s not so great rather than less of something good your a lot less likely to run out of not only the things you need but just the things you want. You will always have more of everything around even if it’s not as good as what you could get; it’s usually still pretty good. This is kind-of like tacos. Why go to El-Tapatio and buy tacos that are like four or five dollars when you can go to Jack in the Box and get 50 cent tacos twice as fast. Even though it’s not as good chances are you will still enjoy these and save a lot of time, and still get more to eat for less money.