Amber - Park Hills, Missouri

I believe that everyone can make themselves better…

By living a very rough childhood I have learned that I want more than my parents did. I was in and out of 11 different schools. I also went through five different homes. I believe that by seeing what my parents did I will not rush into life looking for a miracle. When I was born my dad was in prison and my mom lived with her parents. She dropped out of school when she had my brother: she didn’t achieve much. My dad got out of prison when I was four and my mom had done remarried. Now by seeing what they have done with their lives, I will choose to do better. There is no reason that anyone should rush into something that they are unsure of. I now know that before I decide to marry and have kids my life needs to be perfect. I will have a house, job, and be graduated before I choose to start the family life. I don’t think it is fair to the children of today to live in and out of mom and dad’s houses. Many children today suffer because parents just don’t get along.

I believe everyone has the opportunity to make themselves better. People make mistakes, it’s natural. Everyone has the chance to fix their mistakes just as they did to make them. By making mistakes everyone has the right to learn. Once you mess up you change what you do in the future to make yourself better.

I have learned to try and be the best that I can be. I have made mistakes but then I always try to go back and fix what I have messed up. My family has made several mistakes and by seeing this I have tried to do better than them. I have set multiple goals for myself so that I will not be a failure. I believe that everyone deserves a second chance and has the opportunity to make themselves better.