Brittany - 84032, Utah

Brittany D

Music and how we need it.

I believe how music can help any person.

When my dog died I refused to come out of my room. I just sat in there and listen to music. Trying to enjoy life was hard. I never thought I would have the strength to get out of bed, to eat a meal, to run around and play with my sister and brothers. After a couple of days I got up as normal to change my clothes and I started dancing to the song I was listening to.

That day I realized just listening to the music every day helped me to finally get up one day and start dancing around. After that I started coming out of my room. It was hard still but just knowing I could do it just as I did the day before helped me build up my strength. Me and my family and friends started talking a lot more.

Now I listen to music a lot I am always burning cds downloading. Music just can fit any mood I am in when I am angry, sad, happy. I think listening to music is really relaxing. It’s really smooth and calming it helps you sort out your feelings and emotions and you don’t have to go spend a lot of money on one of those spa places.

I hear people always say, “Oh I don’t have time to do this or that.” Music you don’t need to schedule in you can listen to an I-pod shopping for groceries there are some many things you can do and listen to music. In my opion working out and doing house work chores is a great time to listen. That way you not as bored or as distracted when you watch t.v. Most kids pick t.v. over everything I personally hate the t.v. I would rather put on music and make up a new dance routine. Its fun and you almost get your daily exercise depending on how long you dance.

I believe by listening to music people can better understand how that Artist or band is feeling. Or just reading the lyrics and listening to the tone in there voice as they sing it. So many questions could come out of music, “How did they feel? What was going on in there lives at that moment in time?

Examples: Helena wrote and sang by My Chemical Romance is about how Gerard Way losing someone he cared about. Girl Next Door sang by Saving Jane is about an “unpopular girl” wanting to be like the “popular girl.” But it just makes her angry enough where she wants to fight her.

So to help this matter of “not having time to listening to music” I think that businesses should play music while they have there employees work. And schools should let the teachers play music on the stereo. I walk in to a class room and almost every teacher has one.