Samantha - 84049, Utah

Samantha M

What does it take to be a good Friend

“What makes a friend?” It’s someone who helps other people. And makes them feel good in side. And if they are someone new then make them feel welcome with a good hello or a simple hi. I had a personal experience I had about being a good friend.

One day I saw this new kid and no one wanted to be her friend so I decide to go up and ask her if she wanted to hang out with me and my friends. We also asked her to sit at lunch with us. Now we are really good friends. After we did many things together she said that you guys are so nice to let me do all of that stuff; she also said it made her day and it also made her feel welcome to. I am so glad to be her friend that day.

I think a lot of people can make a difference in other peoples life by being good to the ones who don’t have a lot of friends. Besides being a good friend its great to have a friend when you’re down and lonely and you need someone to talk to. A friend is someone that can always turn to you. You can also call them on the phone, you can get on msn (which I really love) or you can just hang out. There are just something’s that you can’t tell your family, that is what friends are for. Carole King sings a song about you’ve got a friend it goes like this: When your down troubled and you need some love and care and nothing, nothing is going right close your eyes and think of me. And soon I will be there to Brighten up even your darkest night. You just call out my name and you know wherever I am, I’ll come running to see you again. Winter spring, summer or fall, All you have to is call And I’ll be there. You’ve got a friend. That song reminds me of the movie Toy Story. If we could all be a friend like Woody and Buzz the world would be a better place.

I think all of us has some kindness to show to our friends. But most people have it bottle up in side so they can’t show it. So that’s what I think of being a great friend.