Jordan - Heber, Utah

Jordan N

This I Believe Essay

Time! Non-stop, tick after tock, never gonna stop, just going around and around the clock. Have you ever sat and thought about if there were no time. It’s the only thing that every one has the same. Twenty four hours a day. Twelve for sleep and twelve for awake. Sixty minutes in an hour, and sixty seconds in a minute.

Often I set and ponder about if there were no time or sleep. Would everyone just come to school whenever they please? Would they leave whenever they pleased? Would teachers have to stay at school to wait for children to teach, or would they come and go as they pleased. Would there be any months or years or would there just be people coming and going, walking as if they had no time schedule.

Now there is reality. Time that tells us when to get up, when to go to school or work, when to come home, when to eat, and then when to sleep. Then the next day we start all over again. Time us counted by our watches, clocks, car radios, computers, and many other instruments. How would we tell time with out these instruments? Maybe the sun and moon and how they reflect on objects. Time would continue even if there weren’t any instruments to measure it by. Day after day would pass by and then months and years. Soon we will all be a day older, and then a month older, then a year and maybe a hundred like my great grandma Jones. She lived to be 102 years old. That’s 1224 months, 5304 weeks, 37,230 days, and 893,520 hours old. I am 15 years old now so you figure the rest. How important do you think time is? Do you believe in time? How would your life be without time?