Justin - Heber, Utah
Themes: sports

Rodeo: the ultimate test of mental and physical toughness…. so why do all the non country people think its such a waist of time, that they think all it is is a bunch of “hicks” showing off trying to look cool.Its really not, its a sport that requires so much more than just hanging on or throwing a rope around a cow’s neck, its trying to make a counter move for every move the animal makes, and these animals weigh double your weight and that is faster and stronger than anything you have ever imagined.

Its not for the weak, you have to be willing to pay the ultimate price in some cases, and it has happened people have died in this sport. Its a rush, its pure adrenaline when a bull or a bucking horse leaves the chute, or when your going thirty miles an hour on a horse. I believe that rodeo is one of the greatest american past time and cowboys are american legends it seems that some people have neglected that in saying that rodeos shouldn’t be considered a sport and people shouldn’t make such a big deal over some one staying on a bull or roping a steer.

Even around my town and in my own school the kids make fun of us because we are so passionate about something so stupid. They say we are bad kids and all rodeos are is an excuse for cowboys to run wild and not get in trouble for anything. The cowboys around my school never pick on any group of people to pick on we try to be friend with every one but there is always that one group of people that are always making fun of us for what we love to do, and we don’t make fun of soccer or basketball or any other sport we don’t do.

I also believe that rodeo should be an olympic or X games recognized sport, its just as extreme as skateboarding and snowboarding or skiing. I don’t understand why people always say negative things about cowboys and one of the only sports they have. This is what i believe.