Dina - North Miami, Florida

The most important thing that I have learned is that honesty truly is the best policy, no matter what the consequences. I think that honesty is the best quality someone can have. It is important in many aspects of life, including relationships. A person that is always honest is a respected person, even if they don’t always do the right things. Being able to trust someone at their word is the foundation of any relationship.

I believe that honest people are good people. Not only because they are truthful, but also because they learn to do the right thing. If someone does something wrong, they are usually tempted to lie about it. If they resist that temptation and tell the truth, there will be consequences, but they will be respected and trusted for telling the truth. The consequences they received by telling the truth can do one of two things: it can cause them to lie the next time they do something wrong, or cause them to learn from their mistake. If people continually lie, even when they tell the truth people doubt their word.

Another important point I have learned about honesty is that it is key to any relationship. Whether the relationship is with a friend, a family member, or a boyfriend or girlfriend, being honest is essential. In order to be satisfied in any relationship people need to feel comfortable trusting those around them; knowing that they will follow through on their promises. You should be able to trust that you can confide in them, count on them to do what they say they will do, and know that they will tell the truth even if it is not something that you want to hear.

Honesty is important for all areas of life. Without honesty a person has nothing and until they start being honest will continue to have nothing. Most people do not put up with being lied to repeatedly. Those that repeatedly say one thing to a friend and do another will lose that friend. Those who repeatedly lie to their girlfriend or boyfriend will lose their significant other. Those who are not honest with their parents will have their freedom cut back. Honesty is the most important quality for a person to have.