Katie - Reno, Nevada

Fruits of the Spirit

I believe in the nine Fruits of the Spirit. I believe we all should live by the spirit, by not being boastful and by envying one another. The Fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

The reason I believe in the Fruits of the Spirit are that they are virtues that we should use throughout life and hopefully pass down to others. The first fruit is love.

“Of all the angels high above

There’s one above the rest.

Of course this angels name is love

Among us almost blest.”

Love is the best thing in life you can have, along with the most important fruit. Love brings happiness and joy into peoples lives. Joy is like seeing your five year old daughter going off to her first day of school. You feel so happy and joyful that words can’t describe how you feel at that moment. If you have joy in your life you’ll have peace and harmony surround you constantly.

“ Here are two that are so close

They always stay in tune;

How could we have the shining sun

without the silvery moon? “

Peace, the third Fruit of the Spirit, is one that a lot of people don’t see or know. Since 911 there hasn’t been a lot of peace or harmony in the world, but everyone should try there best to make the world a better place. This is why we should all be patient.

If the world would learn to be patient with one another the world, the universe would be suck a better place. This is were the fifth Fruit of the Spirit comes, kindness.

“An act to land a helping hand

To a stranger or a neighbor.

Will resonate throughout the land

And always win God’s favor.”

Being in high school you see different sides of people and sometimes one of the hardest sides to see is kindness. If we would all take the time to look for a silver lining, the goodness in people rather than the bad, we would all get along a lot better.

The goodness in people shows everyone a little bit about how the smallest act of charity and goodness can change a life forever. This is why we should always keep faith because are time will come whether it’s giving a helping hand or receiving it.

“Can you see with love and grace

And even joy unbound,

Its god to keep about the place

A little faith around.”

If you keep your faith the Fruits of the Spirit will always be in your presents. The last two Fruits are gentleness and self-control. I believe these two tie together because if you master self-control then you can be as gentle as a lamb.

All the Fruits of the Spirit have a link to each other. This is why I am going to try my best to apply the fruits, love, joy, peace, patient, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control to my life along with everyone else’s life as well.

Poems By: john Wm. Sisson