Hannah - Farmington, Missouri
Themes: gratitude

Taking Things for Granted

“The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth. “- Chinese proverb. I believe that people take things for granted. When you are used to doing some things, then you might not think those are special things to do. Just like if we born on water, and we live on water, then lying on land might be big news.

Most people are usually used to walk with legs, so we might not think walking is a big deal. However, if one day you do not have leg, and cannot walk with legs, will you still take walking for granting? People always feel repentant after we lost some things. Moreover, realize that we should not take things too much for granted.

Like the air. If scientists did not tell us anything about air, will you think about it? Will you try to think, “What makes us breathe?” will you ever notice it? When you are used to breathe, then you might not even think about it. Beside you pay attention to it. Therefore, I believe that besides taking things for granted, we should pay more attention to things around us.

Some of the children take the love from parents for granted. My brother, who is the one of those children. After school, he always throws his school bag in his room, and sits in front of his computer all day. He does not understand studying in school is not for his parents, is for himself. If my parents asked him about school, he might feel mad, and shouted to them “I DON’’T WANT KNOW!!!” Even when my parents asked him if he wanted to eat supper, he said “ok ok ok … I will go later, after I finish this game. “ but usually it took him forever to finish it, so we always has supper without him. When my parents realize that is getting worse and worse, they tried to talk to him, but my brother had already taken those love for granted.

I believe that people should not take things for granted we should stop our step, don’t be too busy to notice the LOVE around us.