Anne - Midway, Utah

Have you ever sung the words to the song, “I Believe I Can Fly” by R. Kelly? They go as follows:

“I believe I can fly

I believe I can touch the sky

I think about it every night and day

Spread my wings and fly away

I believe I can soar

I see me running through that open door

I believe I can fly”

This song makes me think of many things, such as flying through the sky without any worries at all, or being able to do what you want without any limits. These two things combined together create my belief statement. I believe that no matter who you are, you can do anything you want to in this world if you put your heart and mind to it. Take the stories of many famous celebrities in the world; most of them are where they are at because they wanted to do what they loved, and with a lot of hard work and patience they’re now up at the top of their game.

Most of us when we were younger wanted to be these kinds of people. The rich and famous “Hollywood Stars” that we look up to can be anyone, if that person sets their heart on doing that kind of thing. Right now I would love to grow up and be someone famous, but there are a lot more important things in life. I can set a goal to keep playing soccer until I couldn’t even walk anymore, and I could do it. Or, I could tell myself that I am going to get into a certain college when I have graduated from high school, and I could do it. All that I would have to do would be to set myself on achieving that goal that I want to accomplish; and, anybody can do it, as long as they work hard towards it.

I also believe that hard work pays off. I have gone through some tough times, where it seems like a project or an assignment in school goes on forever and ever. But, in the end when I am finished with that thing I’ve been working on for so long and I get a good grade on it, it is really all worth it.

So, back to my original belief statement: no matter who you are, you can do anything you want to in this world if you put your heart and mind to it. In the end, it will all work out for you, and you will find that life is great! Ann Landers once said:

“Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.”

I love this quote because it explains so simply how many people mistake good opportunities to be successful, but end up turning them down because they appear to be a lot of hard work, (and nobody enjoys that). If we all were to take opportunities and make them into things that we work hard and diligently at, they can change into things that will pay off in the long run; and who knows, maybe I will be able to jump into the air and fly.