Boston - Heber, Utah

Giving all is getting everything. I really believe in this statement giving all is getting everything, and I really believe in this topic. To tell you the truth I struggle with this act of kindness just like everyone else. It is hard to give away what you have, all our lives we have been given things from our parent, our family, friends, and we all have been given stuff.

Sometimes though stuff can be all we think about, all we want is new games new clothes new this new that; and it is a poison to just want it can blind your eyes from what is really important in life like family. Giving can be a natural part of life if we let it be in our lives. To talk more on the quote giving all is getting everything, we all want friends and we all want toys so that we can have fun with our friends, but is that what life is all about having fun. Don’t get me wrong it is good to have fun, but what about those people in third world countries who don’t have anything. No toys to have fun with too, or even a good place to live a food and water that are available to them.

A lot of the time we take for granted all the wonderful things we have, I want all people to have the same, in the Declaration of Independence it says all men are made equal. Those in the third world countries who don’t have the same opportunities as we do to progress and become greater, they need help to make it through and have a good live here is another saying, give a hand and you’ll both climb higher. You feel good about yourself when you help someone out, it makes you a better person and a person who is more willing, and new times will come again when you can buy that wonderful thing that you could not wait for. Sometimes it does not have to be something great it could be just showing your love for someone or taking out the trash when your dad was going to do it or shoveling snow for a neighbor. Anything and everything has an effect on you and those that you bless, When I gave to the Humanitarian program to help those over in Africa who need supplies the money I gave the program I hardly remember it; because I feel so good about doing that small act of kindness. My Dad heard from someone that our neighbor was coming home from the military and my dad found someone who had a lot of Labor Day flags, and my Dad and I went over to their house and set them up all around their yard. I felt no regret that I had not done what I had done. But I think one of the hardest things for all of us it getting out and doing it.

Here are a few tips on how to help you be more giving

• Say yes whenever help is needed

• Do things in secret (It gets you motivated)

• Do things without being asked

• Do things quick but good (gives you a challenge)

• Say please and thank you, I don’t know how it works but it does

• Think more about others

• Give things without thinking about getting it back

• Don’t regret what you have done

Giving is just a way of living don’t forget what you have and what others need because you can always do things to give.