Cambry - Heber City, Utah
Themes: carpe diem

Cambry Fischer

Life is too Short

Isn’t life too short to be serious all the time? This question ran through my head all day after I was finished talking to my friend. She was telling me that she wanted to be settled down and starting a family at twenty five! She even knew what she wanted to do for a career. I was in shock; I mean I definitely did not want to be married at twenty five. I didn’t even know what I wanted to be, I have changed my mind at least a million times. I kept reminding her we have at least four years till we even know what college we’re going to and we should just have fun and be teenagers! But she was so certain of what she wanted that it made me kind of nervous that I had no idea of what I wanted to do.

So the more and more I thought about it, the more I realized that all I wanted to do before I had a family of my own, was travel the whole world. I wanted to do everything I could before I got older; I mean you only live once. I also remembered someone once telling me they wanted to go to law school and become a lawyer. “A lawyer?” I thought, how boring. All that paperwork and reading. So I asked them “Why?” They replied with, “It pays a lot.”

I would not want to waste my life away getting paid a lot and not loving what I do, I would much rather love what I do with less pay. If you end up getting paid a lot and loving your job, then your one of the lucky ones! But you never really know for sure when it’s going to be your last day. So you really should live every day like it’s your last.

Do everything you’ve always wanted to, for you never know when you’ll get the chance again. So have as much fun as possible, you always have time to settle down and get serious but you don’t always get to be a teenager and have fun! So live life to its fullest and take as many chances that you can! I believe life is way too short to be serious all the time. So loosen up and smile every once in a while.

Quote: “Live in the moment for you never know when it’s your last.”