Power of Music

Kami - Heber, Utah

Music: The harmonic connection between all human beings. I once heard this definition on a movie commercial that was about to be let out in theaters. That statement caught my attention right away and I was suddenly glued to the TV.

That statement hit me so hard that I immediately wrote it down. I kept thinking about it for days after. I finally realized that I truly believed in the power of music and I wanted to share my thoughts about it to the world.

When you listen to music, what type of feeling do you get? Does it lift you up or make everything worse. For example, if you listen to a sad and depressing song then you will probably start feeling sad. But that’s not always a bad thing. It is okay for us to feel our feelings and music helps do that.

When I listen to music, I feel free. My favorite thing to do when I’m listening to music is turn it up as loud as it can go and scream my guts out. I let go all of my feelings, happy or sad.

When I have struggles in life, I turn to my music. Music helps me feel calm and collected. In fact, when I am having a rough day, I put on the song “I’m walking on sunshine” and I suddenly feel happy again. This might sound a bit funny to you but music truly helps change my mood.

I’m not the only one who believes in the power of music. People have done studies on music and say that people who play an instrument of some kind tend to be smarter. So why not play music, love it and do better in your extra activities such as school.

What would you do without music? Personally I would not be a very happy person. Without music, in my opinion, it would be harder to express emotions and feelings for someone or something. Just try not listening to music for one day. When you get in the car, don’t turn on the radio. When you take a shower, leave the CD off. This will hopefully help you understand better the power of music.