McKay - Heber City, Utah
Themes: sports

“Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is your better, and your better is your best.”

– Tim Duncan

I believe in hard work. I believe in practice makes perfect, and giving everything you have. I also believe that hard work will always pay off. It won’t always happen immediately, but in the long run it always will.

I love basketball. I have pretty much committed my whole life to the game. I practice every single day, and I believe that all my hard work is paying off, and will continue to pay off in the future. Sometimes there are ups and sometimes there are downs, but if you stay focused, stay confident, and work hard you’ll be on the up side most of the time.

Like I said I love basketball. I play year round on a competitive team with all of my friends. We have all worked really hard and have become one of the top teams in the state. Our hard work has paid off.

Sometimes hard work stinks. It’s hard. It can push you to your very limits. Those are the times that you can’t give up. Those are the times that you have to try even harder, and after it ends you will be proud of yourself.

On my team, we have had success because we push each other to be the best we can be. We’re always trying to get better. I’ve always been taught that “you’ll play like you practice” so I believe in trying your hardest whether it’s a pick up game or the world championship.

I also believe in setting goals, and setting them high. I feel that goals make you try harder because you’re working towards something. My teammates and I have made a goal to win a basketball state championship. We work really hard to reach this goal, and hopefully someday all of our hard work will pay off.

“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’”

– Muhammad Ali

I believe in giving everything you have.