Connor - 84032, Utah
Themes: sports

Connor Hendry

I Believe

Imagine the wind rushing in your face, the cold powder flying around you, the sounds of the wilderness and people having fun. That’s what I feel every time I go snowboarding. Isn’t that better than sitting on a couch eating potato chips? I believe everyone should get out and do something.

I have different things for different seasons. In the winter I snowboard, in the summer I wake board and skateboard. My friend Bethany skis in the winter and does cheer and wakeboards in the summer buy my friend Jason sits on the computer or cough all day and is lazy. He needs to get out and do something.

I remember when I first started snowboarding. I thought I would never get it. I first tried when I was 5. I hated it! It was cold and I fell a lot. After a few years I decided to try again. I was 7 years old. I then grew to love it. I hope one day I will become pro but even if I don’t I will still do it for fun.

People should get out and do something to get exercise. In the news they are always talking about obese children. If people would just get out and have fun it wouldn’t happen as much. It is just a matter of finding something that you like. For me it’s snowboarding and skateboarding maybe for others it swimming, running track, foot ball or base ball, the options are only limited by your imagination. If you sit around all day and play video games of watch TV all the time you lose that imagination and don’t find the fun things to get out and do.

People usually don’t like to exercise because they think of it as work. But if you finding something that you really enjoy doing like skateboarding, you don’t even realize that you are exercising because you are having so much fun. People just need to get out and try new things until they find what they like. Then they will get the exercise they need while they are doing something thy love. So get out there! Try snowboarding of skiing or biking or just whatever you like! Find what works for you and Have Fun!!