saryn - heber city, Utah
Themes: work

Hard work

Have you ever wanted to get better at something but never practiced or tried to get better? It’s impossible! You have to work at it or you will be stuck in the same place for ever!

When I was younger I always wanted to be a great pianist. So I asked my grandma to set up some lessons for me with a lady she knew. I played for about six months. I wasn’t very dedicated and eventually I quit. My grandma was sad but she didn’t argue with me. After I quit my mom told me that all of my older brothers and sisters have regretted quitting and asked her why she let them quit. They said they had many opportunities to play but couldn’t because they forgot how to play.

So I would practice every now and then but never dedicated my self to it. This year over the summer I met a girl that was practicing to go on tour in Brazil. She practiced three to four hours a day. I wanted to be as good as her but I knew it would take a lot of practice. So I decided I wanted to start again. My mom told me that I needed to start practicing again. I did but it was hard for me because I wasn’t used to dedicating so much time to one thing.

In the long run it really helped me a lot. I have gotten so much better at the piano. I can now play at church. I also enjoy playing for my grandparents when they come to visit. I am very glad that I started again it has helped me to realize what hard work can do for someone.

I truly believe that hard work pays off. If you want to be successful at anything you have to work hard at it. It will not just happen overnight. If you picked out a successful person in the world you would probably see that they have worked very hard to get to where they are today. So I truly know that hard work pays off.