Lyndsey - Midway, Utah

Lyndsey H

I Believe In,

“Family Sticking Together!”

Is family important to have when you are leaning more about life? Families are people that will always be there for you! Someone that you can go to if you are in some kid of trouble. They are also someone that you know you can always trust.

My mom always gives me tips on how to have courage in succeeding in school. “Planning your goals early to get into a good college and having courage is the most important thing to remember,” that is what my mom always tells me when I am about to give up. My mom always is honest with me no matter how bad it would be.

Before I moved to Midway my life was very crappie. I had NO friends and I was teased a lot. My elementary school was 90% Hispanics and 10% Americans. I had one friend named Shelby. She was my best friend, but out of the blue she turns on me and becomes one of the popular girls that tease me.

My family hated seeing me go through all of that misery. Most of my friends were teachers. Everyday at lunch time I would go into the library and read books, because I had nobody to hang out with. I had bad grades in school because I was really depressed. In sixth grade my parents decided that it would be a good idea to take me out of my sixth grade class and take me to a school called Unie.

Unie is and institute that helps with depression and helps with kids who do just not like their life. I was at Unie for almost a year. I had to still do homework at Unie but just not like at real schools. The only different thing was that were only had one teacher and we didn’t do work all day. We had homework time for only an hour and a half, then we would go to P.E, and then we just played games. Unie helped me learn how to make friends.

Our neighborhood is really bad. There are Mexicans in the back alley. Every night they got really drunk, and they started fights. Every night we ended up calling the cops to break up the fights. They never did get arrested though. I don’t get a very good night sleep when that happens.

My parents knew I hated it there so my parents started looking for houses in Heber City, Cedar City, Wyoming, Nevada, Montana, and of course Midway. Everything was very expensive. We went to go look at a house in Midway after we got a call form the owner of the house on our road trip to Montana and Wyoming. We absolutely loved the house, so we decided to rent it to see if we wanted to buy the house.

We moved into the house, the day after my thirteenth birthday. It was summer so I didn’t know anyone form school. Most of the people in our neighborhood were old grandpas and grandmas. We loved midway right away. It was very quiet and there weren’t any police cars driving about at twelve o’clock in the morning. There also weren’t anyone getting drunk and starting fights because almost everyone on my street is Mormon.

Once school started again I met a lot of new friends and my grades started to get much better. I wasn’t depressed anymore. I told my mom that I love this small quiet town.

I loved all of my teachers that I had in seventh grade. I never went back to Unie since we moved to Midway.

That is why I think that families are very important when you are going through school. I wouldn’t change anything about my family for anything in the world.

My family has always been there for me when ever I needed them. My mom is the parent that will understand anything that I need to tell her about. I think that families need to take time to get together. Talking to each other is a great way to get to know more3 about each others day. A great place top get together and talk is the dinner table.

I love spending t8ime with my family. My family wants to make sure I’m okay and that I’m doing well in school. My parents are always giving me advice about life and how to be successful. Sometimes my older brother Tyler even gives me advise. He usually gives me advice about teachers and homework and about school.

I have a quote that I tell myself, friends, family, and mostly my little sister. My quote is, “Don’t ever give up on anything, all you have to do is have courage and you can accomplish anything,” and another one is, “Don’t ever let your family out of your life or else you will regret it later on in your life!”

Well I guess the message that I’m trying to get out is that,

“Families

Need To

Stick

Together!!”