julie - Park Hills, Missouri
Themes: peace

The person that has influenced my life the most would be Valerie Long. The reason why she influenced my life is because she has been there for me through thick and thin. She has helped me through family problems and many other problems that I have uncounted. I know that I can still go to her for help or advice when needed. I don’t thing that I could love anyone or anybody like I love her and her family. Her family is so good to me and I care deeply for them. Valerie has made me realize that if there were more people in the world that cared and love for one another there would be less violence in the world. Just like it says in the four beliefs of transcendentalism. “(There is unity in all creation.)”

The reason why I think violence is wrong is because it hurts people inside and out. People have opinions about violence and I think we should listen to what they have to say about violence. Violence doesn’t solve anything all it does is it just makes people furious and results in more violence. People should be more considerate about the way they act towards people. If I acted violently like the individuals seen on the TV or in the news and the public I would not want people to know that I am violent person or commit violent crimes. There are times when I want to be violent towards people, but I hold in inside me because I know that it is wrong. People should love one another like God intended, he created us a family of brothers and sisters. I have a lot of people I claim to be brothers and sisters to me. I tell myself all the time that if it were not for them I would not be were I am today. I would struggle with out there help.

The reason why I choose this topic was because I wanted people to understand the effects that violence can have on your life. Violence will get you nothing, nothing at all. People will start to look at you differently because of your actions. I find that people look at me differently because of the way my brothers’ act. They are violent towards people so people automatically think of me as being similar to them because we are family; but I am not like that I am a caring and a loving person. Violence can take you away from the people you love and it is not worth living a life the way you do not want to live it.