Alexandra - Park hills, Missouri
Themes: change

Don’t Worry, Be Happy

I believe that everyone should be happy. People need to see themselves as their number one priority, because if they don’t they won’t be happy. I had my times when I was care-free. I was the friend who paid for food, gas, and the driver for every destination. I didn’t care how much I spent on my ex-boyfriend or my friends. However, I wasn’t happy. I put myself last all the time, and made others happy. I believe that everyone should make themselves happy before anyone else.

My mom was always happy when I was with my ex. I wasn’t happy though, and she just couldn’t see that. I ended up moving out because I wanted to be happy. I think the reason she didn’t want me to go was because she was never popular in school. I’m not saying that I’m popular, because I know I’m not, but I don’t want to live my teenage life being a hermit. I tried to make my mom happy, but she only wants me with my ex. It’s the 21st century and I’m not going to be with someone who doesn’t make me happy.

I moved out in November and I couldn’t be any happier. My mother always said that if I move out I won’t have friends, I’ll drop out of school, and I’ll end up quitting my job. I’m not going to school to please Mr. Coleman. I go to school because I like too. I also don’t go to work because I need money; I go to work because I have fun there. Also, I still have my friends. My friends and my boyfriend make me happy. So if people want to judge me, let them.

For once in my life I understand the meaning of living. I know living by myself at the age of 17 is hard, but I’m doing a good job. I still put myself first on the “happy” list. I don’t stress anymore, and I’m relaxed. I have freedom, and don’t have to wait my turn to use the bathroom. I love living my life and nobody is going to stop me from being happy. I still like to make people happy, because making others happy puts a smile on my face. But people need to realize that they should come first. We only live one life, and we don’t need to waste it. Being happy is what I believe in, and I’m going to live a happy life.