David - Park Hills, Missouri

Dedication

I believe that the harder you work the more it will help you to become more successful in many things. The greater you try to achieve your goals then the better of a chance you have of completing your goals. The more effort you put forth severely increases your outcome. If you are going to participate in something, then why wouldn’t you go ahead and push yourself to become the best because, aren’t sports about competing to be the best anyways. Bad work ethics come from people with no desire to win.

In life if you slack off and procrastinate then you are more likely to become a failure. However, the only people labeled as “failures” are the people who give little or no effort. Laziness has become a primary reason for failure. Everyone starts with nothing; the amount of work you put forth will increase what you have in the end. This is another reason why everyone needs to put forth their best effort possible to become whatever it is that they desire.

Sports are the number one thing that I believe people should try the most in. This is because slacking in a sport will show more severely then in school. Only you and your parents see your grades. Everyone sees your performance during an event. Also, you may only have to study for about an hour. However practice in most sports is about two and a half hours, plus the additional conditioning needed to be done on your own time. It is important to remember that school is important also to prepare for your life after school. Getting your homework and school projects are a part of being dedicated to a sport. This is because you can not fail and participate in sports, so you should pay attention in class.

I believe that if you are going to attempt something you need to give your best effort. If you try something and only give half effort then why is it so important to even try? People who do not try are less more successful in life. Sports help determine what kind of person you are and help put what you learned in school together with how to use it after high school.