Doing Your Own Thing

Clint - Park Hills, Missouri

My mom really pushes toward me going to college after high school. I do not want to go to college; I would rather go to either a technical school or just work straight out of high school. She should support me more for what I want to do instead of trying to have me go to college like she wants me to. College is not what I want to do after high school I believe that if I would happen to go to college after high school I would not be happy with what I’m doing with my life. It would be pretty dumb to go to college and end up doing something in life that I’m not even interested in. I’m not telling people that they shouldn’t take advice from parents, or who ever it is that you would get advice from. People should just be sure to do what they want with their lives.

I will do my own thing in life so that I’m happy with life and not just satisfied with it. Once I do decide for sure what I’m going to do with my life I will not let other people’s outlooks on it affect me. I will be sure that it is something I will want to do for the rest of my life. I know that’s hard to say when you are really just starting your life but I’ll try and if that doesn’t work out for me then maybe I can take my mom’s advice and try out college but for now I’ll just stick with what I want to do. Everyone should do what they want in life rather than what others want them to do. So no matter what people say or think about the decision you make if it is what you want than do it and don’t look back on it.

If you can’t decide you can ask for advice maybe from parents or grandparents sometimes it does help if they give there advice I don’t think you should let them tell you what to do. When you do decide on what you want make sure that it was your decision and not someone else’s. If not you will end up with the life that you may not want to live.