Dhruv - Wilmington, Massachusetts

I believe there is a place for everyone in the world. A question people often ask themselves is “what is the purpose of my life?” Many people can respond to that question without any thought but others have to ponder their life events. A person only has one life and they decide how they want to live it.

Many events a person encounters can help decide the purpose of their life. People that are interested in particular subject are definite of their future career. For instance, I am very interested in science so I am planning on majoring in a medical field. When one works hard to achieve goals, it shows that the person has self motivation to do his or her best. To achieve my goal of getting into a good medical college, I try to be an all-rounder. Although it is difficult at times to attend all practices and club meetings, I try to manage my time wisely. A person who is not satisfied with what he or she has achieved in life, often reach for the impossible. There are many achievements I have made in life that I am very proud of but when I know I can do better, I try harder to become the best. I often refer to the quote “Good, Better, Best. Never rest… until your good is better… and your better is best.” Children, who are determined to become like a role model, have a life purpose which they pursue. Many of my peers have a desire to become like a role model but I try to become a leader. A leader, who does not follow one’s footsteps, brings new ideas into life. A person, who is motivated to do something but fails, learns from the mistakes he or she has made. Although it feels bad to have failed, it feels worse not to have tried. As a child, I was motivated to have all the toys in the world. Although this task failed, I would have regretted in the future if I not tried. I did not achieve having all the toys in the world but had a plentiful supply to enjoy playing with. Accepting strengths and weaknesses, helps the person decide what and what not they are capable of. Because I often tend to procrastinate on my assignments, I am able to accept that it is my weakness and it will affect me in the future.

Making decisions in life is a struggle faced by many people. All choices during childhood are made by either parents or guardians. Once adulthood years approach the children, the decisions they make from then on will not only affect themselves but also the people around them. Many people stress over this stage of their lives and others don’t give it much thought. Stressing over these decisions often results in the correct answer but it also ends up a failure. If this is the situation, regretting the decision made is often the resulting matter.