Sara - Duluth, Georgia
Themes: carpe diem

Audrey Hepburn once said, “Pick the day. Enjoy it – to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come… The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present – and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”

I believe in living in the moment. Living in the moment has become such a cliché phrase but I can not over look the power it has on me to take a step back, re-examine what I’m here for, and completely immerse myself in the present.

There are days when I worry constantly about what is going to happen in the future and how my life is going to turn out that it overshadows the wonderful things that are happening right in front of my eyes. It saddens me sometimes that I can’t let go of the little things and just except that that’s the way it’s suppose to be. I’m always second guessing myself and asking other peoples opinions, but in reality is it really worth it? Go with your gut, use your instinct and trust that the decisions you’re making are right.

The decision I made to take a semester off from college this coming spring is something that my gut told me I needed to do. I’ve over worked my self to the point where I feel like I’m running in place and getting no where. I always thought that going to college was going to be this major turning point in my life and my dreams and ambitions were finally going to slide out of neutral and into drive. But lately it seems like that neutral position never made it out of gear. So I lived in the moment, taken a chance and jumped in head first, after all that is what I believe isn’t it?

I’ve worried about what my friends are going to think of my leave of absence, since I have been such an avid supporter of staying in school and working toward you goals. But sometimes life takes unexpected twists and when you’re face to face with a potentially life changing decision it’s best to just be spontaneous and let things happen.

A quote from an anonymous person, “When we are capable of living in the moment free from the tyranny of “shoulds,” free from the nagging sensation that this moment isn’t right, we will have peaceful hearts.”