Can’t we all just get along?!?!

Mitchell - Knoxville, Tennessee

I believe that all people should live each day like it was the last day of their life. It is an everyday thing for me to see people that do not care about each other or other people’s belongings. Some people treat their own possessions like garbage, and also abuse the property of others. Just about every day I see people cursing at others because they are going five miles per hour to slow for them. I see others cursing and fighting other people because they think that their football team is better than all the others. One day I was walking to one of the buildings on the Pellissippi campus, and heard someone yelling. There was an older woman was trying to pull into a parking spot while trying to be careful not to hit someone or any thing. The person that was yelling was a younger woman right behind her wanting her to get out of the way. Needless to say, she was not using very nice language. She was screaming because the older woman was taking five seconds too long to park her car. Why is it that we have to gnash and grind our teeth against one another? Is it that we are in such a hurry to get to where we need to be that we forget to care about someone other than ourselves? Life is an extraordinary thing if you step back and take a look at it. I would say that many people living day to day with everything that they need take what they have for granted. Many people do not live long enough to see and feel everything that makes life such a wonderful thing. There are hundreds of thousands of people that do not have the necessities in life, and people today just do not care. This is why we should not be sitting around and fighting over events or possessions that really do not matter in the long run. Life is something to be cherished, and it is too short to be mad all of the time. You are not promised tomorrow, so take what you have today and make something of it.