Roderick - st.louis, Missouri
Themes: injustice

Life is not always fair

Being younger and getting almost everything you wanted in life from parents and in most cases many other people, was the greatest feeling in the world. I remember when I saw something that I wanted and my mom said I couldn’t have it, I would cry and it would be mine. Well, when you grow up in life, you find out things aren’t given to you and that life is not always fair. Just because you work the hardest for something doesn’t always mean it will end up yours.

Lots of people work hard for those promotions, jobs or even that starting spot on the team. Could you imagine being the best point guard on you team, and knowing in confidence that you are going to be the starter? But in that last practice before the game you find out that the coaches son is going to start even though he is horrible. Later you find out he did start only because he was the coach’s son. Life pays off in many ways but a lot of times it’s just not fair.

I remember when I was younger and my big cousin Desmond use to always pick on me. One year for Christmas I wanted an electric bike. I worked so hard at trying to be the best that I could so I would be guaranteed the bike. As soon as Desmond herd about it, he wanted the exact same one. But because he was doing so badly in school his mom wouldn’t let him have it. Well on Christmas morning I was so happy to see that the electric bike was under the tree. I told everyone. I was so happy. When my family came over to exchange gifts I rubbed it in Desmond’s face. Well he got mad and started slapping me in the back of the head for at least a half an hour when ever know one was looking. I told him a dozen times to stop but he wouldn’t, so I finally got fed up with it and punched him in his face two or three times. My mom was so mad at me for acting out in front of my family that she gave the bike to Desmond because she knew he wanted one. He still has it to this day. If you think back in time to all the things that have happened to you in your life, I’m sure you would agree with me.