Julie - Dania Beach, Florida

I have gone to school with my friend Lisa since I was in Pre-K-3. She is still my best friend. As me and Lisa grew up we spent a lot of time with her mother. Her mother is the most interesting, and unique woman I have ever met. Meeting Denise has changed my life. Denise and I always had a different kind of relationship. She would yell at me a lot but everyone knew that she loved me deep down inside. One day Lisa and I were hanging out at her house as usual and I don’t know why but I decided to ask Denise what nationality she was and where her ancestors came from. She had one answer and one answer only. SHE WAS AMERICAN AND THAT WAS IT. That day in her living room she taught me how important it was that I represent my country al the time and in everything that I do. From that day forward I had a whole different perspective of this country. I let everyone know how much I love America. When someone heard my name, they thought of a patriot. Until that day in Lisa’s living room, I had never realized how much I take all of my rights for granted. With that being said, these are the things I believe in:

I BEIEVE IN FREEDOM. The definition of freedom is “the power to determine action without restraint”. If we did not live in America, than we would not be subject to the freedom that we have. Especially as women we are very lucky to be citizens of this great country.

I BELIVE IN LIFE. Just by being an American citizen we automatically have a different life than any other person would in a different country. I believe that life is a privilege and an opportunity, and by living in America we have a greater privilege, and more opportunity than people would in other countries.

I BELIEVE IN HAPPINESS. Every human being deserves to be happy. For some people it is easy and for some people it is hard. Because of America it is much easier for us to be happy with our country because we have such opportunity. By living in this country we are much more susceptible to happiness. By this we are exposed to having a much higher quality of life.

I believe in AMERICA.