Paul - Knoxville, Tennessee
Themes: love, work

There are many things in this world that a person could desire. These desires could be material or intangible. As for me I believe that there is a certain something that everyone could use in the world. It is not something you can sell or buy, but an idea. That is a personal credo of mine “Work Hard and Love Deeply”.

This is something I picked up from my family. When my father was away my mother gave me all the love she possibly could. My father had to leave a lot when I was young and my mother filled in his role as well. She worked hard at her job and raised me at the same time. My father contributed to a large part of my belief as well. When my dad stopped having to leave so much he made sure to make up for lost time and showed me the many facets of the world.

The love expressed by my family gives me a strength unmatched and there work ethic guides me on the path of life. On one of several occasions they helped me with a report I was doing in middle school. I had to do a report on the trees in Washington State. My father took me on a trip to one of the nearby mountains and we hiked a trail to the top. During the trip he helped me take bark samples of trees I was researching and we took photos as well. On the following day my mother went through a great deal of work to help me construct the poster I was going to be presenting with my report. She helped me organize and obtain the materials I needed for my project. It was all a frustrating process but it was through my mother’s patience that I bwas able to complete it. My parents work hard and love deeply everyday and it only makes the people around them better and makes difficult situations pass easier.

To work hard and love deeply makes life better. When people love another and work hard they can accomplish things that seem impossible. Through this people get along better and life runs smoother. If more people could follow this credo they would discover a deeper and more meaningful life. This credo is my life and represents what I wish to embody.