Laughter

Bryn - Fort Worth, Texas

I believe in the power of laughter. Laughter is defined as an expression or appearance of merriment or amusement.

I believe that my dad was the first person that made me laugh. To me, he represents humor, lightheartedness, and, as the definition says, merriment and amusement. My favorite picture is from my 3rd birthday party and I am sitting in my dad’s lap looking up at him laughing. This picture represents so much to me; love, innocence, happiness, purity.

I believe in the power of laughter because it is not only synonymous with the good times in my life, but has also helped me heal from the bad times. Carol Burnett once said that “comedy is tragedy plus time” and I truly believe that if I look back in the past and can laugh about things that once made me worry or cry then I have found the goodness in a bad situation.

Mark Twain said “The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” Perhaps if we were taught to laugh more and fight less, we might be living in a different place today.

Most importantly, I believe in laughter because when you are laughing, you are smiling, and not a whole lot can be bad when you are smiling.

When I look back on my life, I want to see my days full of happiness and love with laughter playing as the background music.