Evan - New Johnsonville, Tennessee
Themes: family, gratitude

There is nobody in this world like my mother. She was always there for me through the roughest times. She taught me to be strong no matter what the situation I may be in. Also that love and forgiveness is all a part of life. I have her to thank for helping me turn out like I did. There is no word or words that could express how m uch she means.

For all time I got into trouble she was always there whether it was 2 o’clock in the morning or 4 o’clock in the afternoon, she always came to my rescue with open arms and bail money. She never once turned her back on me in those times. I have had some rough things in my life, like one of my good friends was shot and killed. I never really talked to anybody about it. After she figured out what was bothering me she sit and talked with me about it and handed me a beer. To me that was the collest thing a mother could do in that situation.

She wasn’t always around to help me all the time, but you could tell she wanted to be. She would call the house it seemed like hundreds of time just to see if I needed help on my homework. I know it had to have been hard to try to raise two boys with a 14 year age difference. Being a single parent could not have been easy. This I know could not have been easy for her having to work all the time just to keep the lights and the water running. We used to stay up and watch television till early hours in the morning, most of the time it was Saturday Night live. She would get to laughing so hard our neighbors upstairs would yell at us. She makes my day so much more enjoyable just when I see her smile, because her smile lights up the room as if the sun was right beside you.

She is my most important person in my life. When my dad came back in to my life, she was there to help me filter my rage, and she helps me control my anger. Any time I get mad one of the only people who can calm me down is her she doesn’t have to know what I’m angry about she just has to talk. The calming sound of her voice for some reason puts me back in the right mind frame. Her love showed me it’s ok to forgive.

This is why I say my mother is the most important person in my life. She is compassionate, strong, amazing, and that’s why she is so great. She has done everything in her power to make the best life for my brother and me. For that I am very grateful.