Suhani - st.louis, Missouri

Money Can’t Buy Happiness

Richard Friedman said, “Money will buy you a fine dog, but only love can make it wag its tail.” I believe money can’t buy happiness. The best things in life are free. Things like love, peace, and freedom do not have a price tag. The joy of money and gifts is only temporary.

When my parents get me something, of course I am happy, but that happiness doesn’t last forever. If there is an issue my parent would always say, “You are never happy, we buy you so much stuff.” I am happy, but the bought item doesn’t and won’t make the problem go away. It’s the thought of trying to talk out the issue instead of trying to be fixed with a bought gift.

A person that marries someone for their money won’t be long lasting. That marriage would be based under false love. Which is not something that a person would want to deal with when found out about later. Money isn’t the object that defines your love. True love will always be priceless.

A successful person can have all the money in the world but may never be happy. The person would need someone to share their success with. Even if on the outside they might seem happy but in the inside they could be feeling lonely. Money can’t buy real friends, even if your friends seem like their true they could be in it just for the money and not you. True friends would not have to pay them to be there, they’d come without being asked or paid.

I believe that money can’t buy happiness. Money won’t solve problems and/or issues you’re having with someone. It won’t give you a long lasting relationship. You true friends wouldn’t always be true for your money. Money isn’t the reason of your happiness, it’s the small things in life that’s make you happy.