Kristen - hollywood, Florida

“Whoever said that orange was the new pink, was seriously disturbed!” This quote was said by Reese Witherspoon as ‘Elle Woods’ in the motion picture, Legally Blonde. Simply put, pink is a beautiful color and happens to be indisputably the best color in the whole world! Not only do I have an utter and complete loath for the Florida Gators, they wear orange and blue. Honestly, who told them that was cute?! Those colors clearly do not go. What I’m trying to say is that orange couldn’t be pink if it wanted to. I’ve used this quote as a reference through out high school. Although you can pretend to be someone or something you are not, you will never really be it. Eventually your true colors will show. I’ve learned that you must be content with who and what you are and always stay true to it. It shouldn’t be about what is cool or popular with other people, it should be about what you like and makes you smile. Just because I believe that pink is clearly better than orange, doesn’t mean that it necessarily is. It is just different. Everyone sees things from different perspectives. In order to respect others and their point of views, you must first respect your own. Peer pressure is a difficult trap teenagers deal with in high school. With so many decisions to make, good and bad, I always think before I act. I ask myself, is this something that I believe in or that I want to do for me, or am I doing it to please other people and for all the wrong reasons? But, more importantly I have to ask myself is this something a girl in pink would do? I just live my life for me; it’s just too short for conformity. I’ve chosen my colors and I wear them proud; because at the end of the day, the only person who has to be happy with the colors I’m wearing, is me!