Mark - St.louis, Missouri

Mark Jakob

English 2

Mrs Silvagnoli

Live For Today, Not Tomorrow

Lamar Cole said, “Take no day for granted for life can be fleeting.” I believe every

moment of life should be lived to the fullest. Why wait until tomorrow to do what I really want

to do, when I can do it that day? I have seen people who kept putting what they wanted to do off

and then they died not ever achieving their dream. Therefore, I believe I should live every day

like it’s going to be my last.

Ask a man like Tiger Woods, if he is living life to the fullest. He is happily married, a

father, a successful golfer, and he has the money to live a good life. At the age of twenty one,

Tiger was the youngest person to win the Master’s Tournament. If he had not done the things he

needed to each day, he would not be where he is. If he died tomorrow he would have achieved a

lot in a short period of time.

Likewise, Albert Pujols lives each day to the fullest despite having a daughter with Down

syndrome. Not only does he keep up with his daily baseball responsibilities, but Pujols and his

wife are very active with the down syndrome society. Pujols also took the time to become a US

citizen and be a part owner of a restaurant. He is also a six time All Star winner. Even with all

this daily activity, he manages to be a good family man as well.

It’s not that I want to be a tiger Woods or a Albert Pujols, it’s that I want to emulate them

by not taking each day for granted and living life to the fullest. I want to follow my dreams and

become something special and live a good and successful life. I want to have lived a good life

when I die. If I were to die young, I would want to have accomplished a lot. If I die old, I would

want to have accomplished even more. I want to die with no regrets.

Many people die young with out achieving much. However, if I take Lamar cole’s quote

as an daily affirmation, I can die at any age having done a lot. I can also emulate others like

Tiger Woods or Albert Pujols.