Carlos - San Diego, California

Love has no boundaries

Is gay marriage wrong? Many people seem to think it is, but I believe it is not.

I believe it a matter of choice just as some people choose to be vegetarians. If someone wants to eat lettuce instead of a hot dog no one seems to care, when someone chooses to marry the person they love everyone seems to be happy, but when two people of the same sex choose to get married everyone seems to be angry and grossed out. There are laws passed and instead of being something nice and personal it turns into something national and horrible. How do you think they feel when they are treated like this? I think it would be horrible to feel like that.

Even though we have come a long way into accepting them into our culture we still have a long way to go if we hope to ever be one big and united nation. The first step is being tolerant of homosexuals. By being tolerant I don’t mean just acknowledging they

are here and then not thinking about it like a big elephant in a room. I mean to acknowledge them and treat them with respect because after all they still are our brothers and sisters, our friends and cousins. More importantly they are people. They are humans. They are just like you or me but they are attracted to the same sex. Other than that I don’t see any other differences.

I feel that the only way we can do this is to forget our religion’s dumb view on them

because if we don’t then what is the bible if not a big slave booklet? We need to focus on science and face the facts that they are here and we can’t do anything about it but to see them for what they really are and be friends with them. I think that’s the right thing. Just as we don’t judge people for their color or their religion, why judge them for their beliefs and opinions?

Why does this matter affect me? I have a lot of friends and some of them are gay, but some are not proud of it or open about it just because they are afraid that this nation will not accept them and treat them with respect, and this really hurts me to see them like this. That is why I believe that everyone can love everyone and not be persecuted for it, that everyone can live with anyone and no one will mind, and that love has no boundaries.