Farhio - kent, Washington

I am Muslim and I believe in God with all my heart. As a child, my parents taught me how to maintain a direct relationship with a God. At a young age, I had learned that God is absolutely one and His Oneness most never be compromised by associating partners with Him in belief. God is the only Creator of the Universe. Many people believe in God, but they also worship other humans or things with Him that they think they are preferred from God. Also, God has a unique nature that makes Him free from gender, human weaknesses and beyond anything which human beings can image. He is loving, compassionate and Merciful. When I grew older, I realized that being faithful to God requires willful submission and active obedience to Him, and living in accordance with His messages.

I became very obedient to God’s guidance and laws. In my daily life, I try to not limit myself to deep words and profound spiritual allusions but make provision for the afterlife before death comes, when fine words will be lost and the only things remains is my prayers at night or in day. More often, I give charity to help feeding poor people and severe for my community. I never obeyed or will ever obey anyone in an act of disobedience to God. To sustain God’s divine laws in my daily life, I recite the holy book (Qur’an) and reflect back while reading it on the qualities Allah has praised in it. Reading it helps me empower my soul and comprehend God’s influence in this world and especially in mine. He is the chief, the commander, and the controller in everything in our life. I feel God is with me all the time and He sees whatever I am doing either it is good or bad, right or wrong. Constantly, I go back and ask God forgiveness. In spite of everything, He understands all our imperfections and failings.

I benefited a lot believing in God and having a good faith in Him many times in my life. There was a time I went through a depression. I used to feel hollow very often and get upset by a lot of things going around me. My moods had been fluctuating a lot these days, going from cheery to very repetitive. This had made me undergo a kind of complex. Believing in God and trusting Him was the only thing that helped me. I remembered Him during those disgraceful days in my life and I felt peace of heart. Of course, when a person remembers God, that person also remembers that the purpose of his/her life is to serve for Him. For that, I followed His Divine law and tried to survive in accordance with its principles of ethics and morality. As I became more close to Him, he rewarded me with his mercy by making me feel better about myself.

For me, believing in God is getting the opportunity to comprehend His power, seek for His love, help, forgiveness and protection. Most important thing to me is to be gratitude to God all the time, worship Him as He deserves, be aware from His punishments and eager for his mercy continuously.