Chelsea - Farmington, Missouri

I’m the Girl They All Want To Be

I found out what the real Bible is…Seventeen, teen magazine. They tell us girls how to look, what to wear, if we are wearing the right kind of “shades”, and even how to get guys to notice us. How we can binge and purge, so we can be skinny enough for the football players at our school. We can take interesting surveys, like what kind of party girl we are, if we have what it takes to become the most popular girl in school, and see what kind of micro-mini skirt our body looks hot in.

Magazines are not the only place we can learn how to live our lives; we also have television and the internet. Celebrities show us how to live and everything we need to be just as fashionable as they are. Celebrities are intellectual, good people and very trendy. So, why would we not look up to them? They are telling us girls how to act. We can look online for the top ten best dressed, with dresses that almost look like undergarments. I am so grateful that Brittney Spears has taught us that it takes wearing the skimpiest clothes to school, so the guys will notice us. Who cares about our personality, as long as we look good, right? I know I don’t, I would rather be popular. What about grades? All I need to do is look good. I don’t need an education, just my looks. There is modeling, television and the internet, where I can show my body for money. No study groups for me, all I need to have is my drinking buddies. They are my real friends. They are people that really care about how I feel about myself. People at our school really look up to us for inspiration.

It makes me happy to see my designer purse is now making everyone envious of me. Life is so easy when you’re the most popular girl in school. Parties, hot guys, and money are essential for my life.

I am a stereotype. I’m dumb, blonde, and easy. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love being talked about. Whether good or bad, I am famous.

I stand here in front of my school with barely any clothes on, my designer purse, and Bud Light can saying, “I don’t let anything influence my thinking!”