Patricia - Port Orchard, Washington
Themes: parenthood

I knew the very moment that my OB placed my new born baby on my belly that I was forever hooked. I believe that I was put on this earth, by God, to be someone’s mommy. When you have a kid, it’s amazing how much your life changes. Things that you thought were so important before seem so pointless and meaningless. Having my daughter has been my greatest joy, blessing and accomplishment.

Yourdictionary.com defines joy as a very glad feeling; happiness; great pleasure; delight. Those feelings are the very way that I felt after giving birth. I was happy to finally have my daughter here in the flesh, I was pleased to be done with my pregnancy and I was delighted to be a mommy. When I think of the word joy I just think of sunshine and smiles. When I gave birth to Paige I felt as though the sun was shining brighter than it had ever shone before. (And this was at ten o’clock at night!) As soon as my daughter was born I started to sob. I was just so happy and so excited to finally have my baby.

My Child is the greatest blessing I have ever had in my life. Her spirit and personality inspire me every day. She is teaching me what being a kind, decent, loving person is all about. When you have a child you learn so much about yourself. You are pushed to do things you never thought you could; like going for five days on ten hours of sleep. Seriously… having a baby changes you.

I never thought that I could have kids. A doctor once told me I wouldn’t be able to and then one time I got pregnant and lost the baby. This pregnancy was a shocker in the beginning and then in the end when it all went through the way it was supposed to. But none the less, I have my daughter.

The challenges of taking care of another human being are tough. Sometimes it seems impossible, but at the end of the night I am doing it. And I’m doing it all on my own. I believe that God gave me my daughter. He chose me to be her mommy. He knew that I needed her and that she needed me. We work and love together every day. We both teach each other so much. Having a baby is the best thing in this world. I love that kid so much!