Joseph - USA
Themes: love

This I believe essay

I believe in true love. True love can come out of anywhere, and when you least expect it. I also believe in September 26, 2005, because this is the day that I experienced true love, and it came out of nowhere. Now you might ask yourself, why does he believe in a date. Well on that date, a life changing experience happened to me.

It started out like any other day for me. I woke up about seven O’clock, ate breakfast, and got ready for school. I noticed that I was in a really good mood. Not thinking about what would have made me feel so good and not knowing what awaited me in the next two hours, I finished getting my things together and went to school. When I arrived there, I said to myself that today was unusually bright. Shrugging off my observation I went to my first period class. That is where it happened.

Out of nowhere, it hit me. Like a bullet to the chest, I felt something in me make me turn around. There she was. She was like an angel that had fallen from the sky. A young lady named Kayla T– was there, and my heart felt like it was on fire. I don’t know if it was something about the cowboy hat she was wearing for spirit week, or the way her smile seemed to be the source of the sun’s light. But in the next few minutes when we finally did talk to each other for the first time, we just clicked. The crazy thing was that Kayla felt the same way about me. It is really hard to describe how we both knew, but we just did.

Simply put, my day was much unexpected. I went from going to school and thinking about football practice to falling in love with a quite basketball-player/football water girl. Even now, two years later, Kayla and I are together and going strong. I even joke with her now about when we first got together saying corny jokes like, “Did it hurt, when you fell from heaven?” She laughs at me but we both agree that God has blessed us and is with us everyday. I thank God everyday for creating Kayla for me and me for her. It is really amazing once you experience God’s grace, and thanks to his creation of Kayla I get to experience it everyday.