Insecurity is bless.

Alejandra - Las Cruces, New Mexico

I believe a little insecurity is necessary for keeping a humble, peaceful mind. It is my experience that the most bright and beautiful people on earth are, in some ways, insecure about themselves. Though there are many insecurities and everyone has them; I feel one has to feel insecure once throughout the day to really be able to enjoy the small blessings in life. I cannot remember a day where I didn’t feel at least some type of insecurity from either the way I looked, way I talked; or how I presented myself towards others, or even how I carried myself in front of people or myself in general! I have always had some minor grudge towards the day because the day presented new reasons for insecurity. My day rarely started with a light feeling caused by that thing called confidence. On the days I did get that wonderful, free feeling I found myself unable to empathize with others, couldn’t see the beauty of others, I wanted to be ignorant of their situations, and I was incapable of tapping into the simplicity of the everyday. That hubris just blinded the splendor of it all.

I realize now that much of what I appreciate and fully understand came from my persistent insecurities. I have always struggled with my diffidence caused by my insecurities and yet, that lead me to understand pain, sorrow, and emotional worries. I can now comprehend that wonderful feeling of just being.

I am not the super-model you see in a magazine and though it hard to see so many beautiful beings like super-models. I can fully love those who are not perfection; I can understand people who deal with things like weight, height, carbs, ice cream, and cheesecake. Those who struggle constantly, who deal with insecurities everyday in the most aching way are the most humble, and sometimes the most wonderful people on earth. They understand mostly all the hardships one can endure and they are champions when helping others. They are the usually the ones we go to when our insecurities are oddly invisible to us. When we fail to comprehend, learn, and understand our insecurities we put ourselves out on limb that circles into more insecurity and confusion.

With all hardships of the human species not understanding what is bothering you or what is happening inside us is what makes one lose their mind. It’s a horrible feeling when you cannot understand your own self. Most insecure people know exactly what is bothering them and try so much to correct the “vices” in themselves

So what I really did learn though some self agony was that though there are many things I don’t like about myself. I can still use this resentment towards some of my vices and use my virtues to bring a feeling of companionship to others who are struggling more than I; and who are trying to bring the ultimate goal of self-satisfaction to life.