K - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: love

Ever since I was little, I have always dreamed of one day finding my prince charming. I would watch Cinderella, and dream about the day when I would find my prince. It is not hard to turn on the television and see a smart, confident woman who has everything including the perfect husband who could also be considered their prince. Love is something that everyone hopes to find one day. Many people would say that thinking love conquers all is too sappy and only found in fairytales. In some ways they are right, it is usually found in fairytales. Wouldn’t it be amazing if you found a fairytale love in real life?

The dictionary describes love as a strong affection for another. I believe that with love, anything is possible. Love can help you get through the good, the bad, and the indifferent. Think about the couples that are going through rough times. I take one look at them and think that they are still really happy. That is because they have the love for each other to help them through the bad times. I might, one day, have the perfect job and the perfect life, but without love I would still feel empty. When we were younger, my little sister and I would always play with dolls, she would be the prince and I would be the princess. It would be our own little Cinderella like fairytale.

As I got older I learned that not every relationship is like the ones in the movies or on television. I lost my confidence that one day I would have the relationship of my dreams. Then, I remembered that my parents told me I could do anything I wanted if I put my mind to it. I wanted my Cinderella fairytale happy ending. Every time someone turns on the television or opens a book they usually always find the magic of a fairytale. I have learned that love truly does conquer all. Even though that kind of love usually comes in fairytales, I am willing to keep believing in it so that one day it just might come true. All I have to do is believe that something I want will happen, then one day it just might. This is why I believe that love conquers all.

K.Ritz