S - Napoleon, Ohio

Believe in Yourself

I believe that everyone should have goals and try to reach them. Since the second grade I have always wanted to be a lawyer. My parents divorced when I was a little girl, and, recently my father tried taking my sister and I away from my mom. My sister and I went to court this past week and going through all of this just made me try harder to reach my goal of becoming a lawyer. My mom has always been very supportive, and the one who helped me to get through everything. There have been some people who have told me that I won’t be able to become a lawyer, but that has only pushed me to be more determined to achieve my goals. Now I am going to become a lawyer just to show them I can do it. I am determined to be a lawyer.

Another goal I’m trying to reach is to become a model. I was in a mall one day and a lady from a modeling company chased me down and had me sign up for modeling classes. A few weeks later, I got a call from the company, and they had me come in for an interview. The company was only going to choose ten people, and I was one of the ten who were chosen. However, my step mom told my Dad that I wasn’t good enough to become a model; my Dad wouldn’t help me pay for the classes. Although I had to put modeling on hold for the time being, I decided to reach this goal without their help. Now, I am working two jobs to save the money to pay for the classes on my own. My goal is to save up the money I need, pay for it on my own, and show them that I am worth something.

Overall I believe that I can do anything that I put my mind to. I wont let others put me down or say that I can’t be or do something in life. If I believe in yourself you can do almost anything. I wont let others stop me from reaching my goals. Set your goals and achieve them.